After a long wait, HMD Global launches their Android based Nokia smart phones in India. They launched these three handsets Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 3, and I think Nokia 6 is will be the front runner in terms of other two. Nokia 5 and Nokia 3 will be available at retail stores while Nokia 6 will be available exclusively at amazon and online registration will start on 14th July 2017 at amazon.
The price of Nokia 6 is Rs. 14999 but you can get a discount of Rs. 1000 if you will pay using Amazon Pay. Also, you will get 80% discount on spending Rs. 300 at Kindle E-Book.
Specification wise there are two versions of Nokia 6, one with 32GB internal storage and 3GB RAM and other one with 64GB internal storage and 4GB RAM, but in India HMD Global did not lunched the second version (64GB, 4GB).
Here is a brief specification of first Nokia 6 version (32GB/3GB).
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- RAM: 3GB
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Display: 5.5 inches full HD with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Camera: 16 MP primary camera with f/2.0 aperture and dual-LED (dual tone) flash. 8 MP secondary camera with f/2.0 aperture and autofocus.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery.
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (front-mounted), Dual SIM, microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go, WIFI, Bluetooth and many more…
But, the main specialty of this phone is Android OS. Nokia 6 comes with latest version Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) which is stock android, which is only available with Google Nexus and few other smartphones.
Main question is will Nokia build its reputation again? Because Xiaomi Note 4 can create huge competition for Nokia in Chinese and Indian market. Main reason is the price difference. Xiaomi Note 4 with 32GB Internal Storage and 3GB of RAM cost Rs. 10999 in Indian market while Nokia 6 (32GB/3GB) cost Rs. 14999. Also Xiaomi Note 4 battery power is 4100 mAH and expendable up to 128 GB.
So, in your opinion which phone will stand in this markets? let us know in the comments.